SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
echinaceamaniac

Coneflower Blooms (Warning: Big Photos)

echinaceamaniac
15 years ago

{{gwi:249723}}This one has some of the prettiest blooms of any coneflower I've ever grown. There is just something about the way the blooms tilt at the perfect angle. It has a touch of orange at the tip of each petal. Everybody notices this one. It's just a chance seedling from a Sundown Coneflower. It's the only good thing to come from that plant in my garden. I like that this one is only 12 inches tall.

{{gwi:249725}}This one has a honeycomb pattern in the petals. I used a large photo so you could see it. This one has strangely shaped petals. I like that it looks nothing like my other plants.

{{gwi:249726}}I'm very happy with Coconut Lime. It has long-lasting blooms and it's very easy to propagate. It has a very strong root system.

{{gwi:249729}}Out of all the Big Sky coneflowers, I've had the best results with After Midnight. It doesn't over-winter as well as Sunrise, but the blooms are shaped better and have better color. It seems the tissue culture doesn't give this plant quilled petals. I have yet to see one with deformed petals.

{{gwi:249732}}This is my swirled coneflower's latest bloom. I call this one Echinacea Pinwheel. It's definitely different. I'm rooting cuttings of this one now. We'll see if it's stable or not pretty soon.

{{gwi:232792}}Echinacea 'Tiki Torch' is a pretty color. This one does have a deformed petal so I'm not sure about it yet. This plant doesn't have a very strong root system so I'm very doubtful about its winter-hardiness.

{{gwi:249734}}Echinacea 'Double Delight' has so many blooms per plant. Each bloom is usually flawless. This is only one plant. These have very good root systems. It is one of the easiest to propagate of all coneflowers. This is easily my favorite at the moment!

Comments (28)