SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

New plantings today along the gold path

On the 'WALATing' thread we talked about the golden path I'm trying to develop and the need for plantings to hide the neighbour's shed.... PM2 made a brilliant suggestion which I promptly acted on! We planted them this morning - some pictures for you:

Looking into the golden corner:
{{gwi:249558}}
It'll take a while for the dogwoods - 'Prairie Fire' shrub and 'Golden Shadows' tree - to get tall and wide enough to hide that shed but the potential is there I think and the color of them works well for that area. I don't think they look too bad with the green and white 'Wolf Eyes' dogwood nearby.

Looking along the path in the other direction - what jumps out at me is that I need to move the rodgersia on the right back into the 'green zone' next spring and replace it with something gold-green. Another hosta would be easiest although I'd prefer a small shrub of some sort. I'm drawing a blank on possibilities so if anyone has another brilliant suggestion I'd be happy to hear it!
{{gwi:249559}}

This picture is taken from the edge of the lawn so you can see a bit more of the wider context - that area gets a shaft of sunlight from a break in the tree canopy - it really lights up the bright yellow-green foliage nicely! The break in the canopy also lets a bit more rain into that area so that should help the shrub and tree survive - I hope.... You can also see that silver is the theme approaching the golden path from the right (north) side. The green and white 'Wolf Eyes' dogwood is part of the silver theme as is the white hydrangea in front of the shed.
{{gwi:249560}}

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor