SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chippy_gw

Need help on what to plant along walkway...

17 years ago

This post was copied from the Garden design forum. I was recommended to post here as I may be better off.... :-)

Hi All,

Spring right around the corner and trying to decide what to plant along the border of my walkway in the front of the house.

In the past, I used Vinca and other annuals. The Vinca were the best in my part as they flower from late spring all the way to the fall, nice and colorful.

The only issue I have is that I have to replant all these flowers every year and its costly and time consuming!

Can anyone recommend a perennial that will come up every year and provide nice flowering through the season? The highest I would want them to grow is around 12" or so.

I haven't really found anything that flowers for the entire summer as a perennial as the Vinca does.

I'm even willing to try 2 or 3 kinds of perennials mixed where one flowers for 2 months and then another for the next 2 months....etc, but haven't been able to really pinpoint anything like this.

The need to be able to take full sun all day as theres no shade!

Here are two shots (I can widen the beds if need be) Specifically the beds between the walkways and the lawn:

{{gwi:10147}}

{{gwi:10148}}

Anyway, any opinions or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Chip

Comments (14)

Sponsored