SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuffy_gw

Testing an X300 vs. an X304 - my results

tuffy
16 years ago

It's finally rained after nearly 2 months of dryness. The grass is slowly turning green and it's time for me to buy a new mower.

I test drove both an X300 and X304 last week. The X304 easily won that contest!

The dealer I visited offered his front, hilly yard as the testing ground. I drove each mower straight down the hill, did a couple of figure eight movements and proceeded back up the hill at full throttle. With the X300, the mower was straining to get back to the top of the hill. It literally slowed so much I thought I may not make it all the way back up. The X304 easily handled the task -- with no sign of tranny whine and plenty of 'oomph' leftover.

I'm certain my large size coupled with the weaker transmission in the X300 had an effect on my test results. However, I was absolutely floored at the marked difference in the 2 mowers and their ability to pull me up a hill.

I will go back this week to test an X320 (dealer had sold their 'tester'). Like the fact that it also has the K58 tranny but don't know if I really need 3 blades. I've never owned a 3 blade rider. Are they more difficult to maintain?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions