SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

Niche Gardens - anyone ever order from them?

conniemcghee
13 years ago

I just placed an order - they had the very elusive white beautyberry I've been after for the past year! So excited to have found it.

They have a lot of very unusual plants you don't see just everywhere. Min. order is $40, but I didn't have any problem finding other things I'd like. Prices are higher than say, Bluestone or Santa Rosa, but again, lots of things you can't find elsewhere.

I had ordered one plant, Salvia Leucantha, that is really borderline for my area. I've heard that sometimes it does overwinter, sometimes not. Anyway, a rep emailed me this morning to caution me against planting it in the fall in my Zone. She had apparently done a little googling and had me pegged as either 6B or 7, depending on the source. She said I *may* get lucky if I planted in the spring, but it would definitely not survive if planted in the fall. Then I remembered having read that about Leucantha.

I thought that was really good customer service. :) I'm getting a Beautybush instead! Woot!

They get a good DG rating as well. I'll report back when I get my shipment. Just wondered if any of you had ever ordered from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Niche Gardens

Comments (4)