SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Bleu Magenta, one of my few successes & Pat Austin w/Gypsophilia

12 years ago

This one I planted as a band 3 years ago, and it seems well suited for our winters although it's kind of sheltered against the east side of the house, only a little tip dieback. It's extremely large and vigorous, and I shouldn't have planted a monster red clematis which is very pretty next trellis over. They say I'll get more variance in colors as it matures more, and it has a way to go this season yet. It's a once-bloomer, but they seem to do better in our winters.

I like the way I got Bleu's first main cane behind the trellis, then it spills over the top and trails like a fountain, like the effect, have another what are they basal? coming along.

I haven't been around for awhile because I lost a whole growing season due to other matters, didn't do a thing with gardening, so am slowly catching up with weeding, etc. Just thought I'd share a couple of photos before the beetles appear, should be any day now. I don't even bother wasting my summer drowning them now and pretend they aren't there although my daughter did pick up for me some nylon netting I'll cover my baby black raspberries I started from seed with and some netting left over.

I thought my Pat Austin Rose looked kind of pretty with gypsophilia paniculata which I had a hard time getting established, started from seed, the perennial kind, and I should have pinched it back earlier because it's flopping. The blooms are opening larger first time ever, at least some are.

Hope everybody I knew on this forum is doing well.

{{gwi:275809}}

{{gwi:275810}}

Comments (25)