SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treenutt

Highest temp frost can occur?

treenutt
11 years ago

East Texas, Trinity County. We have had a few late season cold snaps this year that required me to have to take a day or two off to go up to the farm and cover the new seedlings that I planted this year and to cover my vegetable garden.(all in April) The first time we had 3 nights of 28 degrees which no amount of covering could help. Lost just about all the new green on the mature trees and the ones that I planted this year. Some of the new trees, like a certain type of dogwood, lost them completely. And my fruit trees (9), apples, peachs, plums, and nectarines will not bare fruit this year. I covered my vegetable garden, but the below freezing temps took care of them. Im on round 2 with a minor set back from the last front that came through. I covered them,and they survived, but the peppers took a minor hit on the top leaves, but are looking up now. This week we are expecting temps to get down to the upper 30's (in the country). My question is: What is the highest temp at which frost occurs? I am asking this question in the tree forum because its the only one I read daily and I "trust" about everyones remarks.
Thanks
Treenutt

Comments (13)