SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westy1941

Don't Know If I'm In the Right Place - Maybe Mulch Forum?

Carole Westgaard
14 years ago

Or is there a mulch forum? Here's the problem: I beg him (DH) every year to let me have the leaves we rake up (tons) but he insists they will just blow all over so he bags them and the city clean-up crew takes them away while I throw up. I know how valuable they are (he's a golfer and doesn't get it). So we just had another 'argument' about this Fall and how I'm not going to let him take my leaves and he said 'they'll just blow all over'....I want to use them to 'mulch' the hydrangeas and in the hosta garden (I have over 300) and other perennials. So the questions is: how do they 'stay' there? Do I put something else on top like straw? Or some kind of barrier? We do get a lot of northwest wind (NE of Chicago) and DH claims that we would have to get them on the ground JUST prior to a snowfall. Last Fall I mowed them several times until they were tiny pieces and I didn't think they would blow around that way. But...I lost the battle once again. What's the secret to keeping them where you want them? I'm sure this sounds like the stupidest question ever.

Westy

Comments (20)