SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbutusomnedo

Noisettes and Tea-Noisettes for Mild Climates

Hey y'all!

I didn't know quite how to phrase the title, but I'm interested in discovering which Noisettes and Tea-Noisettes do well for those who experience little to no frost while also enjoying mild -seldom above the 80s- summer conditions.

It seems that most of these roses flourish in climates that routinely have stretches in the 90s and 100s during the warmest parts of the year. We almost never get that hot in Santa Monica. I understand Reve d'Or, Setzer Noisette, and Roseville Noisette would probably do well here, but I feel as though most other N/TNs seem to demand more heat and never take off for those facing similar conditions. Crepescule is a poster child for TNs that seem to thrive in real heat, but flounder elsewhere.

It's moderately humid and permanently mild here. What Noisettes or Tea-Noisettes should have a reasonable chance of success in such conditions from your experiences?

Also, has anyone grown the Noisette 'Meteor'? It intrigues me after I saw it in an advertisement/inventory list from 1904 for a local nursery announcing rose season. I have never seen one in person, but I like the photos on HMF.

Jay

Comments (19)