SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

P.m. resistant Old Garden Tea roses and Tea Noisettes

luxrosa
12 years ago

Luanne and I both live within 10 miles from San Francisco, california where conditions greatly favor powdery mildew,

- neither of us spray

I thought it might benefit others if I listed our healthiest Old Garden Tea roses.

The only Tea listed here that has showed a mild amount of blackspot is Mme. Berkeley. Otherwise these are very healthy Teas.

These Teas flower heavily through spring, summer and autumn and through mid-december, and have less than 5% disease usually, and sometimes show up to 15% p.m., which is within my standards for

-very good health range standards for organically grown roses.

Healthy Tea rose list; where conditions primarily favor powdery mildew;

Yellow and y. blend Teas;

Souvenir de Pierre Notting

Etoille de Lyon

Anna Olivier

Marie Van Houte

Poly-Tea 'Perle d'Or'

Le Pactole (after a couple years)

Tea Noisettes

Celine Forestier healthiest among the 3 yellow Tea Noisettes I've grown, followed by

Reve d'Or

Pink Teas

1.Comtesse Emmeline de Guigne (one of my favorite pink Teas, very shapely blooms and far more resistant to p.m. than Mme. Lombard)

2.Mme. Berkeley (caveat gets some b.s. in warm weather but is very resistant to p.m. which is why I want more of these)

3. Mrs. Dudley Cross

4.Mlle Franziska Kruger very sophisticated hues of coppery pink and buff yellow. (disease resistant after she reached a size of 3' tall, after her immune system kicked in)

Poly Tea; Mlle. Cecille Brunner and Spray Cecille Brunner

Brightly colored Teas

Monsieur Tillier

Rosette Delizy

both equally healthy

white Teas

Westside Road Cream Tea" very healthy and constant blooming.

Border line Teas and Tea Noisettes

these are usually covered with a thin coating of powdery mildew but their flower production is never decreased.

Duchesse de Brabant

Mme. Alfred Carriere

Marechal Niel still only 2 feet high, it could develop more resistance.

Devoniensis thick p.m. but never stops blooming.

Mme. Lombard a great beauty despite the plant appearing as if it is covered in sugar icing from p.m..

Alliance Franco-Russe defoliated from p.m. as a young plant, however a huge plant in our neighborhood in an abandoned garden is clean during summer and only has mild p.m. in spring and autumn.

Shovel pruned

these 3 Tea roses defoliated from powdery mildew and were sent to rose heaven.

China-Tea Ducher

Angels Camp Tea

Georgetown Tea

Luxrosa

Comments (5)