SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pvick_gw

Spring Fever (warnng - lots of pics!)

PVick
17 years ago

OK, I'm getting itchy now - no sprouts and I am ready for them! The perennials are waking up, but I still want my sprouts!!!

So, I've got nothing to do but reminisce on gardens past, and I will gladly drag you all down memory lane with me! LOL!

I've been WSing for 6 years now; my first year was the winter of 2001-2002. I can't express to you how WS soothed my soul that year. And I still think that garden - my first - is the prettiest one I've had.

One of my favorite pics from that year:

{{gwi:340025}}

Went a little petunia-crazy!

A bit more of my 2002 jungle -

{{gwi:340026}}

I made a lot of mistakes that year - like tossing plants that seemed to die, not knowing they were perennials going dormant. But I've gotten better over the years.

By 2003, things were looking pretty good - I was totally hooked on WS and wanting every plant I laid my eyes on.

{{gwi:340027}}

Didn't matter that I could barely walk around out there. Got my first fig that year, too ...

{{gwi:340028}}

Hey, I'm a gardener!! Whoo Hoo!

In 2004, we went a bit cottage-y:

{{gwi:340030}}

or something ...

{{gwi:340031}}

Whatever you'd call that style, I love it!

In 2005, I FINALLY got bulbs to grow for me and this lily was a beaut (alas, it did not survive the winter):

{{gwi:340032}}

By now, since I got smarter about perennials, things are getting a even more jungly out there, Hard to find places to put your feet:

{{gwi:340033}}

So, we arrive at 2006. Probably my second best garden; hard to pick a fav.

Maybe this one?

{{gwi:340034}}

Or this?

{{gwi:340035}}

or this magnificent merlin?

{{gwi:340036}}

Hmmm, kinda like them all! Wonder what 2007 will bring?

Hope you enjoyed the trip!

PV

Comments (10)

Sponsored