SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ndgenrosefever

First Posting Ever and First Rose Delivery of 2013

2ndgenrosefever
11 years ago

Evening All,
I have been stalking this forum for a couple years now but have never chimed in despite taking enjoyment from the discussions and rose pictures. However, I am going to try to become a bit more involved this year. So- I will start off with sharing my joy when I discovered a box at my door step when I arrived home. After reviewing many posts here and doing my own research, I had ordered two climbing Gruss an Achens to place in very large pots flanking my pool as well as a Duchesse de Brabant and a Clotilde Soupert. I guess one could say that I am entering my romantic, silvery pink stage. I painstakingly worked my way into the box and, much to my delight, saw a "billion buds" (as I described to my Mother and long time gardener) and a couple blooms greeting me. I too am torn, as many forum contributors are, with whether to be selfish and see the roses bloom or do what is right for the roots/bush and clip them. In prior years, I have always been selfish and have still ended up with strong and beautiful plants...so the jury is still out because my hand has not been slapped about choosing the selfish option. Though my garden is still young, I find great joy in making my morning journey through the daylilies, roses, irises and peonies among others. Spring is an uplifting season and I wish great joy to all of you as well. I hope to get to know this group through the seasons and appreciate the knowledge that I have already gleaned from you.

Kind Regards-

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida