SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dutchrose71

Lady of Shalott Rose-- bottom leaves curling?

dutchrose71
10 years ago

Hi everyone,
My first post on Gardenweb, though I've been browsing for a while! I love all of the information shared and look forward to becoming part of the community.
Our house had a lovely rose garden when we purchased it-- all hybrid teas, which I enjoy very much. I love gardening, but have not been a rose grower until "inheriting" this garden.
A few weeks ago, I purchased a David Austin rose-- Lady of Shalott. The rose was purchased at a nursery, was in a pot and had leafed out to some degree. I planted it with manure, etc and have kept it watered. After a week, I noticed new growth at the top of the rose bush; however, the bottom leaves are drying and curling. Upon closer inspection, some of them have dark markings on them.
What could be the cause? I have not had issues with blackspot before, and suspect it is too early in the season to see that. AND, I planted this rose in a different bed since I'm running out of room in the original bed. This bed has great soil, receives plenty of sun, has been watered, etc. The top of the plant looks vigorous, but some parts of the bottom of the bush have the curled leaves.
Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES