SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roserecluse

Help With Downy Mildew Please

RoseRecluse
10 years ago

I have kept roses for 10 years and they are like my friends. Last year I bought 2 miniatures from the same source and thought I was battling very persistent powdery mildew. I have never had the joy of downy mildew. Now with this wet spring I have came to believe I have downy mildew. I woke up this morning and all the new growth on my beloved Medallion Tea Rose looked like it had been splattered with oil. I have been nervous because I realized when the miniatures woke up this year those two still had something wrong. As of tonight I have spots like these but darker on two more bushes. I am beside myself. I spray every week for black leaf but my spray is no good for this. The only thing I could find fast and local was Bonide with Malathion. I applied that a few hours ago to everybody. The poor Medallion has been cut to the ground because I was so panicked and it is 6 feet away from my Mr. Lincoln and they wind was blowing that way. The only good sprays at Rosemania are very expensive. If I thought I could save my roses I would order some right away but I think I needed it several weeks ago. I have never dealt with this plague before. I really need to hear some input. What is the most cost effective spray solution? Will my roses have it forever lurking in the roots? Do I need to dig the infected ones and get rid of them? I am so attached to them. Please let me know if you think that is Downy Mildew in the pic.Thanks for reading this and any input is very appreciated.

This post was edited by RoseRecluse on Tue, May 28, 13 at 22:46

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21