SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

winter-damaged, cankered tree rose will bloom!

serenasyh
14 years ago

Everyone, my poor little tree rose has endured so much! it is a true survivor bless its little heart... It has endured terrible winter damage, being dug out of the frozen ground, several canker botrytis infections, and another horrible transplant (the tree was so heavy, and the soil so dense that it tore out several clumps of very precious feeder roots). I immediately fed it my "magic potion/remedy" with the Garden-ville Sea Tea at 1/8 diluted strength. I felt like bawling my eyes out after my horrific transplant attempt, and had 2 separate nightmares that same night about a single stem being left with no leaves, and another in which all the leaves had shriveled away... But when I woke up the day after my transplant I found 4 brand new tiny blossom buds and another 5th one just starting out. That tree rose will occasionally look tired/ more droopy, but as soon as I give it the sea tea, it immediately perks up.... and I always keep the soil moist to rehydrate the injured roots... Not only that the buds have now doubled in size within 3 days' time... Those buds are super healthy, beautiful color, the fat knobs at the bottom of each bud. I am thinking that for the rest of the plant to bounce back to its original upright leaves, it will take about 2 and 1/2 more weeks... Horrendous Newbie as I am! I just know this tree rose is a real winner! and that after one month and 2 weeks, it will outgrow my best Lincoln (which now has 2 gigantic! grapefruit sized blooms on it.) Anyway, here is the tree rose before the transplant, and here is the tree after the transplant. As you can tell it has suffered, but it is making a steady recovery and the size of its new pot is so much more appropriate than the original pot. I bought this beautiful! pot at Walmart for only $20!!! I am so happy all the pots I was originally interested in are like $300, I'm thinking no way! Thank goodness Walmart carried this Home&Gardens pot and best of all!!! made in the USA!

P.S. also wanted to thank Karl and Evie for still trying their best to help me throughout...on a scale of 1-100 ranking I hit minus 10... But still, they don't give up on me... Thank you, thank you Karl and Evie!

here is also my lovely young Lincolns when they just started to blossom.. will post the final largest size blooms tomorrow...

Comments (2)