SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

Celebrating my survivor tree rose's first bloom...

14 years ago

I am so thrilled that after all the winter damage, canker, and 2 horrible transplants, my Gemini tree rose is finally blooming. A perfectly formed bud is now opening... It's continuing to get larger than these pics, but unfortunately we have a thunderstorm that has struck, so I can't get any more pics... And it is very, very windy!

At first I thought the bloom would smell "flat" like Queen Elizabeth or be scentless like my neighbors' Mardi Gras (my QE blossoms have a very bland, nondescript, very uninteresting scent if you basically shove your entire face into the flower). Gemini, likewise,is supposed to have only a slight fragrance rating, but to my complete shock and happiness, it has a sweet lovely fragrance, fruity like Aromatherapy, but more delicate, and I don't have to shove my face into the flower. It's very! much there... No, it's not like my Lincolns, which I can smell 6' away, but I am very happy with its sweet scent. My other two unopened buds did not have fragrance on their first day, but as soon as their crown started to unfold, the closed buds started to give off fragrance as well, so now I know for sure that this isn't a fluke, or fragrance "mutation" LOL!

Here is its bud from yesterday...

And earlier today...

Comment (1)