SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweet_melissa_gw

Problem with Kim's Knee High coneflower

sweet_melissa
15 years ago

I have two Kim's Knee High coneflowers and they are blooming very strangely. Some flowers have few petals, some have none, and the ones that do have all of the petals seem small. Some of the flowers with partial petals also have curling of the petals. The color is fine and the foliage looks good. I have recently read on this forum about a potential disease called asters yellow, but I am not sure if that is the problem. Does anyone have experience with coneflowers acting this way? I have White Swan in the same bed and they are fine. I certainly dont want this to happen to them. I should say that this bed does not get full sun. The coneflowers in this bed are slower to flower as a result(I have other coneflowers growing in full sun that are going gangbusters), but there is no lack of foliage or flower, but maybe the lack of full sun is the problem. I dont know. I am prepared to remove these and replace them with Prairie Splendor if they are diseased. I would love advice from all of the echinacea experts on this forum! Thanks!

Comments (2)