SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

how do I deadhead for the Lincoln that Monster-Rabbit ate

serenasyh
14 years ago

Hi, everyone, I posted earlier about the Lincoln that Donnie Darko Rabbit ate up (2/3rds of the plant has been eaten). This Lincoln used to have 4 long beautiful stems, clusters and clusters of huge fat lovely leaves and was equal in size to its sibling... 2 long stems have vanished and only 2 are left, both with blooms-- one of which will be spent tomorrow. One stem has been completely stripped of all its leaves; the other stem only 1/4 of its upper leaves are intact... If I try to deadhead, the stem with the 5 cluster leaves, that would leave me with the biggest, fattest healthiest leaves all gone... My once lush 2yr old entire plant would end up nearly as short as my youngster RU 5 month old rose...when it used to be equal in size to my other Lincoln.

Here are the photos... Photos are very misleading in terms of size... These stems are 2'6" so a lot of "nakedness", poor Lincoln! If you look at the bud picture, which I took a day ago, you can see one of the bare stems in the background. That belongs to the other blossom...

Comments (2)