SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_bob1

Excessive Pine Needles Fall From Tall Pine Tree

organic_bob1
13 years ago

I have a 40 foot tall pine tree in my front yard, and an excessive amount of pine needles regularly fall from the tree and onto the ground. A wide area under and around the tree has been designated as a resting place for the pine needles.

The main problem is that wind blows the pine needles onto the adjacent lawn and sidewalk. To date, the only "solution" has been to rake and sweep the needles from the lawn and sidewalk.

Small decorative rocks are mixed in with the needles under the pine tree, but they often get covered up as the needles begin to accumulate on top of them. Occasionally, the build-up of needles is removed with a fan rake, but it's hard to remove most of the needles because of the rocks the lie beneath them.

I am considering removing the decorative rocks so that it would be easier to remove all of the pine needles from time to time. But this measure make encourage the wind to blow even more pine needles onto the grass, not sure. A landscape fabric is beneath the rocks and pine needles.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the excessive amounts of pine needles that fall from this pine tree (sorry, I don't know the exact type of pine tree)?

Comments (10)