SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

It never fails...

northerner_on
14 years ago

About 3 years ago a gardening friend sent me three rooted Brugmansias. One died during the first winter, the second died over this last winter, and I put the remaining one out this year, determined not to bring it again since I never got any blooms. Just last week I decided I would put it up for 'taking' on the exchange site and I went out today to see BUDS!! Yes,several buds on the upper branches. I hope we have enough warm weather to bring them to bloom. Now I think I must keep it.

I am again greiving - lost a very dear friend to lung cancer last Saturday. Her funeral will be held tomorrow. We were friends since high school, so it's close to home. She was diagnosed in Nov. 2006, but was able to have a wonderful life after her diagnosis. She was treated in Florida with a new drug and it kept the cancer at bay, shrunk it, and she did lots of travelling, spent time with her children and grands., and friends. All of this time, she had no feeling of sickness and was full of energy and fun as she always was. The feelings of breathlessness, fatigue, returned only two weeks ago, and when it was found that the cancer had returned, she refused chemo. and passed peacefully without pain at home. May she rest in peace.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting