SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drippy_gw

Finally! Place for WS Babies

drippy
14 years ago

We signed papers on a house on Monday, after living in limbo for over a year (two for DH). The new house is smaller than the old, so it will be an adjustment there (we are the original stuff junkies, I swear), BUT - it has 1.4 acres, and an inground pool. Woohoo! We close at the end of May, if all goes well, and it should.

When we had the building inspection today, the seller was on site. DH of course asked about all the construction issues; I, on the other hand, wanted to know about the plants. There are a pair of what might be Bradford pears - seller said they didn't produce fruit, but called them Bartletts. There's a nice Japanese maple, a crape myrtle, and a couple of dwarf river (? not 100% sure of variety) birches. Some choice azaleas, in bloom now, some lilies (not in bloom yet), and what looks like they might be canna lilies returning, and an ornamental grass I haven't identified - not pampas; may be a miscanthus. Lots of liriope for filler (some of that will be coming out, for sure). And tons of flat, grassy, lawn, woohoo! Plenty of space to rip up for my plants.

I'm not terribly excited about this, as I'm sure you can tell...(LOL)

Comments (24)

Sponsored