SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scootertrs

I have issues with our sprinkler well

scootertrs
13 years ago

The problems began with loss of prime of the well. I brought in a well man. I know that the water levels in the area run at about 7 to 17 feet below ground. He proposed drilling a new well, he put in 2 sections of 10 foot pipe and while testing, now the water level is at 18 feet below ground level and the bottom of the cavity is at 24 feet. While pumping it out, the well did not really do that great with his 3 inch gas pump, and when I hooked it up to my 2HP electric pump, even less pressure and cavitation sounds come from the pump. I know that this is long winded, but my question is... how does the aquifer behave... are the chambers separated from each other and is it possible that by going too far down with the casing he may have gone into the 2nd chamber and now the "easy water" is sealed from the pump by the casing going past it into the 2nd cavity? Of course, the well man is now AWOL and has not responded to numerous phone calls. I can pull the casing up some to see if that helps. Thanks

Comments (5)