SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

Anyone have a sugar maple tree?

ilovemytrees
10 years ago

We just ordered 3 from Ebay. After losing all of our Burning Bushes along one edge of our property to voles, dh said he gives up on planting what we wants there, which is shrubs. So he said it'll be a lot easier to protect maple trees from them, using those tree protector things we see everyone around here using. I just wish we weren't like everyone else and have maples. I wanted something more for us....

Does anyone have any experience growing them? They'll be in full sun and get plenty of TLC. In the best of circumstances will they grow moderately fast? I really don't want 70 ft tall trees on my property, but everyone else around here does. Our next door neighbors have a HUGE Willow Tree, and they live on land no bigger than a postage stamp! But boy do they love their tree....

Here's the link to the guy we bought the maples from. Hopefully we'll have as good a luck with him as we had from the seller we got our bareroot Golden Raintree from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sugar-Maple-tree-Acer-saccharum-these-are-3-to-4-feet-tall-5-99-each-/181337487715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item2a388e7963

Comments (32)