SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ov1kenobi

Stihl HT101 vs. Husqvarna 326P5x

ov1kenobi
16 years ago

I live in Oklahoma, and as many of you know, we just had an ice storm, resulting in limbs snapped and hanging everywhere.

Now, I need a pro-grade pole saw. I live on ten acres with lots of trees, snapped branches (at the present) and future pruning for firewood.

Which of the two would you folks go with? Any other to consider, like an Echo, for example? I am aware that if I go with a Stihl I will have to purchase from a local dealer. No problem with that. Just looking for the best saw. Also, I noticed on Stihl's website that they offer a 30-degree gearbox. Any advantages to that?

Price is no concern. Either way, will get lots of use out of it, so it will more than pay for itself.

I currently own two Stihl chainsaws (025C and MS 390) and have really worked them. Have been more than pleased.

Regards,

David

Comments (3)

• yetty734
    16 years ago

i would imagine that all(stihl husky, echo) of them will serve your purpose. if i were you...i would get the stihl because u already have two and can get chains and such all at one place. also if you do a yearly service or something it would be easier to drop them all at one place instead of running all over your county. they will all be fine no matter what so do what you think will be easiest....

ccb

• rmh3481
    16 years ago

I own the telescoping Echo -Power Pruner- Model 260 and am happy with it. Starts easily, runs good and holds a tune. What I also liked was that a 5 foot extension can be added to this 12 foot saw for $100. Im 6 ft tall so that gives me a 23 foot reach. Echo for 2007 offers the Homeowner user a 5 year warranty. Cant beat the Echo's anyhow.

Best wishes,
    Bob.

• turnage (8a TX)
    16 years ago

I've had a 326P5x for about 3 years. It starts, runs and cuts fine, but now I wish I'd spent the extra money to buy a telescoping saw like the stihl. The fixed length of the husqvarna really gets to be a pain sometimes.