SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danielleclarke_gw

Can i Plant on a pile of sod ...

danielleclarke
15 years ago

I just dug up a garden and put all the sod with the dirt in a long pile. yes i have blisters. Its about 3 ft wide by 25 ft long and 2 to 3 ft high. The pile has a mixture of sod upside down and rightside up so it has to be covered to kill the grass..

Can i cover it with say cardboard and then add compost to it and then plant say strawberries in the hill?

The other area is now a mixture of soil and my compost. It seems to be a good mixture and over time it will get better. That area is about 25ft by 20ft

I have one other area about 10ft by 25ft that has sod on it i haven't dug up yet. Can i layer cardboard over it and add compost and well plant it with plants like tomato's in a week or two??

I guess i need to know how long i have to wait if at all to start planting over sod covered with cardboard and compost ??

I have many blisters and i did just build a fence there too and its 35ft by 35ft and 8 ft high with 5 ft fence and 3 lines above to keep deer out and rabbit wire buried around edge 5 inches in ground to hopefully keep out buoroughing animals.. The squirels will probably will get in grrr

helpppppppppp

Comments (2)