SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pieheart

who likes to dig up new perennials?

pieheart
15 years ago

cross posted in pests and diseases

I originally posted about my problem a month or so ago in pests and diseases and didn't get the answers I needed. So since the problem happened again last night, I posted again there, and thought I'd pick the brains of those here, maybe between the two boards we can figure out what to do!

Here's the story: yesterday I planted rudbeckia, thread-leafed coreopsis, variegated sedum, gaillardia. This morning it was all dug up. These plants were divided from other gardens, not new plants from the store, if that makes a difference. But from different gardens, different towns even.

Nothing was eaten, not even roots as far as I could tell. I put bone meal and Shotgun Repell-all in the holes, and sprinkled Repell-all around each plant. I sprayed with deer repellent. And it was all uprooted but untouched.

Nothing established was disturbed. I planted everything but the sedum in the same large (18' diameter circular bed in the front yard). The sedum went in the back yard. We have an acre. It almost seems like something is monitoring my yard for new plantings and digging them up as they find them.

Help!

Comments (18)