SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snaillover_gw

Is transplanting now out of the question?

So I finally decided on what to do with my existing perennial bed. I had a split rail fence installed across the front yard parallel to the road, and I want to move the flowers underneath it, and landscape it with shrubs, rocks, mulching and edging. The fence companies have been really backed up, so I had to wait several weeks. It was finally installed this week. It looks great, but I fear it may be too late to move anything now. Would it really hurt if I did it anyway? They're not getting enough sun where they are currently, and I really just want to finish the project. The temps have been pretty cool lately, but this weekend climbing to the high 70s, low 80s.

They're only being moved about 4 feet forward, but the new area is very sandy, so I'll have to bring in some planting soil first. It'll be a lot of work and I just want to get it done.

Flowers to be moved are: daisies, black-eyed Susans, daylilies, Asiatic lilies, orange pixie lillies, mums, lavender, a few others I have written down at home but can't remember at the moment...

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus