SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandsquid

Solar powered, 2Gal./Min. - 10psi pump??

sandsquid
15 years ago

What I would like to find is a low cost, (preferably) solar powered, non-submersible pump, with standard 3/4" garden hose fittings (in/out) to place in-line between rain barrels for transfer, or to the manifold leading to the individual rows. (Ideally at 10 PSI and 2 Gal. per minute flow rate.)

More details:

I have a system of 55 Gal. polly drums set up under each downspout as rain collection barrels, and a few barrels at the outer reaches of the property. Each barrel has a (2) standard 3/4 hose bibs installed 18" up from the bottom of the barrel (to prevent it from going completely dry and killing my fish living in the barrels used for mosquito control) and to keep from pulling sediment into the system.

Also the 2 hose bibs give me the ability to link the barrels and transfer between them should one go really low.

These are all currently GRAVITY feeding 5/8" ToroAG Blue Stripe drip tape and for the most part, itÂs working well, however due to fluctuation in the height of the tape and the low pressure I'm getting un-even emitting along the runs of drip tape.

Comments (4)