SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dainaadele

Question about if it is my soil or the plant?

dainaadele
14 years ago

I am hoping someone can help me with this question as I can't seem to find the answer with standard searches. (I can usually lurk here and get my answers)

I have what seems to be a "bad spot" in my flower bed where my black eyed susans and cone flowers just seem to not do as well as the rest of the same plants in the swath. They are stunted and the leaves tips will begin turn brown and then spread through the whole plant. I know about the fungal and/or mildew disease they can get, but it does not seem to spread to the rest of the row and has appeared there for 3 years now. Overcrowding is not a problem there and we live in a more arid area. Before I put in the flower bed, there used to be a large mulberry tree there and the root system is still in the process of decomposing. The tree was taken out before we bought the house, so I do not know why it was removed. I guess my question is: Is it possible that there is something worng with the soil there? Is is a common occurence? If it is the plants, I can just dig them up and start anew, I have enough voluntees elsewhere. -Thanks!

Comments (4)