SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherry67_gw

Question about Miracle Grow Potting Soil and planting...

cherry67
10 years ago

Ok, so about the Bartzella I planted recently under less than ideal conditions(wet clay soil)...Two days ago I dug it up, rinsed it and put it in a pot of (regular) Miracle Grow Potting Soil(5 gallon pot)along with a Red Charm tuber and a Felix Crousse tuber. Originally I was going to let them grow in the pots till fall and then put them in the ground. My husband tilled up an area in our side yard yesterday and I picked up a potted Felix Crousse and Dr Alexander Flemming, 2 Autumn Joy Sedums and a bearded Iris at Lowes. I would like to go ahead and plant everything(along with a potted Russian Sage I have left over from last year) in the bed before it rains again. I'm worried about the roots staying in Miracle Grow and growing mold or something...Should I just stick my hand in the pots and pull them out since they haven't been in there but two days and mound them on the new bed? Our clay soil sometimes has drainage issues so I now plant all my new tubers this way. Or should I try to plant them with all the Miracle Grow intact assuming this is possible since it probably hasn't hardened much yet? Or should I continue to let them grow in the pots and hope for the best?

This post was edited by cherry67 on Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 17:21

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!