SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkenobi

Help identifying sprinkler valve

bkenobi
10 years ago

I have a sprinkler system that the previous owner installed (same old story). The system has been working fine for the last 2 seasons that we have lived in the house. I noticed the other day that one of the sprinkler heads in a zone that is turned off is weeping a bit, so I wanted to locate which valve was controlling it and repair it. I went around to all the boxes I knew about and manually actuated the sprinklers via the bleed port. I was able to locate 7 of the 10 valves, but not the one I needed. Well, that's a different problem for another day.

In one zone, the bleed port opened the valve and the sprinklers turned on. When I turned the bleed plug back, the flow did not stop. I opened the valve and checked the diaphragm and everything looked good. There is a screen on the supply side of the diaphragm but it doesn't look serviceable. After reassembly, the valve still runs full open. I assume that the solenoid is toast at this point and was hoping to replace it, but it doesn't look like it is removable. Can anyone help ID this valve so I can find parts? I have other pictures if a different view would help.

The primary features are:
* a bleed port in the center of the feed side diaphragm
* bleed port screw looks much like Toro
* solenoid that cannot be removed
* valve has 4 screws

Most of my sprinklers are Toro. The controller is Rain Brid. I have at least 3 different types of valves, so I assume the installation took place over time. The house was built in 1984, so the sytem could be up to 30 years old.

Comments (3)