SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garylc

1993 Toro Wheel Horse Deck Question...

13 years ago

Hi folks!

My first question to you guys...I've got a 1993 Wheel Horse Classic 314-8 with a 42" side discharge deck. Bought it new back then, about 400 hours on it, tractor in great shape, only use it for mowing, kept in garage all winter.

The deck housing has some problems, this coming after I paid $600 to have all three spuindles replaced a few years ago. The deck started cutting horribly, and is rusting out, has a few other issues. No local tractor repair centers can correct it, have told me it's time to just get rid of it (the deck, at least). Because of it's age, I figured I just sell it, and pick up a "cheap" (A local dealer just told me that they have a couple NOS Wheel Horse 42" decks from back in the 90's, brand new, that never sold, so they hung onto them. They would sell one for $900.

My question: is it worth it just to buy the deck, and take the chance that the tractor will last another 15 years? Or sell the tractor, and buy a more cheaply made yard tractor for not a lot more than the new deck will cost.

I'm torn, and need some advice.

Comments (3)