SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
montanadolphin

Help with conifer/evergreen seedling ID

montanadolphin
13 years ago

While weeding around my azalea bushes in front of my house, i found two seedlings growing under two separate azaleas. Both were growing right where the roots of the azaleas go into the ground. I'm assuming that is why they are not straight up and down, because they had to lean to get to the sunlight.

The only evergreen tree close to my property is a Norway Spruce tree, located in the neighbors back yard, probably one hundred feet or so from where I found the seedlings. There are Loblolly pines down the street, a block away. Those are the only evergreens that I am aware of around my house.

My question: is it possible to identify what kind of evergreen these two seedlings are? I have taken photos, which I am going to attempt to attach to this post. The first one stands 4 inches tall. The second is 3 inches tall. They almost have a blue tint to them...almost. So I guess I would characterize their color as blue-green, but not as blue as a blue spruce adult. Any help identifying these babies would be greatly appreciated...I would like to know what they are so that I may care for them properly. I love pines and firs and spruce trees, so I'd like to grow them and then transplant them on my property when the time comes.

Thank you very much in advance. At the bottom of the photo is the link to the entire album with 8 different pictures of both seedlings.

{{gwi:336830}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Unknown seedling album on photobucket

Comments (20)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022