SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
so2315

Excell Pressure Washer

so2315
16 years ago

I have been looking for a decent pressure washer for cleaning my muddy ATV. Everybody seems to say that the electric ones are not very good. I started researching these, and figured that the Northern Tools Honda motor coupled with a Comet AXD pump would be the best bet.

The other day I was at the local HD, and they had several Excell washers that were "reconditioned". All had shown signs of use along with an electro pencil date inscribed in the red frame with yellow spray paint over them. There was one that caught my eye, and it did not have the yellow paint on the frame. It also still had the foam tape wrapped around the frame.

Closer inspection also revealed that the engine was nver fired up, exhaust looked new, opened the gas tank and there was no smell of gas. Basically a brand new machine sitting there with a reconditioned price!

It was the 2800 model, and it also had the FAIP pump, made in Italy and it is not one of the maintenance free types shrouded in black plastic. They had $240 on it, and I figured that since it was over $500 new why not take the chance. I figured that if I could get 2-3 years out of it and the pump dies I can then buy a better pump and still be ahead of the game.

Does anybody know anything about these FAIP pumps? Did I do OK on this or is Excell a junk machine?

Here is a link showing a picture of the pump, hope it works.

http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/9e/76/ecdb_1_sbl.JPG

Comments (3)