SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marial1214

New Peter Mayle

marial1214
14 years ago

I purchased Peter Mayle (pink) yesterday and also a coral orange one. Also fragrant.

They were only $12 each. They had a huge assortments, they were so pretty. Each bush had 1 to 3 blooms on them. All looked very healthy.

When I got them home I noticed the structure when I was planting them. There is a piece of wood stem at bottom and about 4 shoots coming out. That is it. I dug a huge hole, put them in and stamped on the soil. I watered well. When I was digging, I found shale about 8 inches down. In preparing the hole, there were roots I had to cut from a nearby shrub. The rest was top soil ontop.

My concern is will these tiny "bushes" grow? It doesnt surprise me that they were only $12 each. I know everything starts small but these will prolly take years to produce more than one or two roses. That's even if they make it. I guess you get what you pay for. Had they been more developed they would have been triple cost.

Can someone tell me how to care for them to give them the best chance at growing into the 3x3 size they are supposed to become? How often do I give them rose food?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)