SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupshaped_roses

Question about Souvenir de Mme Drama Queen

cupshaped_roses
14 years ago

Is anybody growing this rose? What are your experience with this rose? How tall and wide does it get and does it have good disease resistance?

I am particularly interested in experience from anyone growing a mature specimen of this rose in Denmark - bought from Rosaholic Anonymous inc. - When they got the good clone from Peter Beales propagated in 1997-2001 on multiflora rootstock not R. Canina Pfanders since I do not like it,that Peter Beales got from Rosarium Sangerhausen - Only the one gotten they got from the now closed Geswinds Roserai is to be considered - I think all the other clones are mislabeled! If anybody from Denmark donôt grow this rose - which I donôt believe (Since the books showed that Rosaholics Anonymous INC. sold 9 plants to 6 different customers - YES I KNOW WHO YOU ARE - did you really think you could hide this gem of a rose from ME)?

If no one in Denmark grows this rose I would be interested in hearing from experienced rosegrowers growing this rose in other areas (who has grown roses aT least 10 years and 2 months and are growing more than 50 different roses and are members of a royal Rose society (not a plain rose society - sorry - hope you understand :-( in areas with an UV index of 4-6 in May and with an annual rainfall of 478 - 549 mm in normal seasons with no temperature extremes and 230 - 245,7 hours of sunlight in May, and planted in good clay soil (Ammended with 3,2 years aged Cow maneure with a PH level of no higher than 6,798)- not interested in replies from those with inferior soil and those who grow roses NO- SPRAY - in areas with higher than average blackspot pressure and little Rust but plenty of risk of powdery mildew and with no more than 42 leafhoppers pr square meter of rosebed and more than 57 aphids per rosebush/4 10 spotted ladybirds.

Would like to hear if it would do better with 5 hours of morning sun and partial/dappled shade from Appletrees /not CHERRY trees! for 2,3 hours, before the deep shade comes is better than 7 hours of morning sun and 4,8 hours of partial/dappled shade on June 11. before I begin digging the 78 cm deep and 89 cm wide holes and ammend the soil with fish emulsion from the Atlantic Ocean /Not pacific ocean, since they have less potassium and mercury! And a no more than 8 days old alfafa tea and the new limited edition ultra fungi root grow Plus extra and perform the secret old pagan rituals come summer solstice. Also those growing the rose more than 30 km from shorelines facing west are also not relevant. Anyone?

Comments (13)