SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

Is Souvenir de la Malmaison slow to start, or just mine?

6 years ago

I wasn’t too worried about my SdlM, but after seeing Ingrid’s beautiful specimens with my own eyes, I’m beginning to wonder. Hers were so big and beautiful, I didn’t even realize what they were at first. They were so upright, and big! Mine is over two years old, bought as a band size from Burlington. It grew fine in a pot in “Chris’s Magic Mix”, and has been in the ground for over a year. It has suffered with powdery mildew in the late spring, early summer and late fall. I’m wondering if I ought to give it an Organic fungicide spray, next time I see this. I did that once with a potted mini from Trader Joe’s that failed to thrived until I cleared up the PM. It’s been fine since, and never needed it again. However, that was potted, and I’m way more cautious about spaying anything that’s planted in my wonderful soil. SdlM does get some afternoon shade. I thought she’d appreciate it, but perhaps not. Maybe that’s the problem? Or maybe she’s fine, and I’m just feeling mine is so tiny compared to Ingrid’s. Is this a normal size for a two year old SdlM? Keep in mind that things grow enormously huge here, and grow year round. Thanks, Lisa

Comments (31)