SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coeng

new veggie garden in path of existing sprinkler head

coeng
12 years ago

I recently made a 16x16 veggie garden in the back corner of my new property, effectively blocking the path of a sprinkler head that used to water the lawn where the new garden is located.

That being said I need to have the sprinkler head relocated so it is in front of the garden to water the area that is being blocked.

I am also considering tee-ing off that same zone (which already has four sprinkler heads in it) to water the garden when that zone is on. One of my zones has 5 heads so theoretically I think its possible, although I'm no expert in irrigation systems.

Is watering the garden like this advisable? I'm not looking to invest the time and money yet for a drip irrigation system. I just want the garden watered when the lawn is watered just before I wake up. Just a basic non-rotating spray pattern to soak the garden area.

At my old house I never had time to water my garden properly in the morning (running late for work always) so I always just turned the basic oscillating sprinkler on in the morning after my shower and turned it off just before I left for work. And for 6 years I had good results growing tomatoes, cucumbers, and herbs.

Comment (1)