SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nysff

Briggs & Stratton synthetic oil - $13/quart????

nysff
14 years ago

$13 a quart for Briggs & Stratton 5W-30 synthetic - is this a joke? I've got a new 205cc/6.5HP B&S Vanguard on my Cyclone Rake. I ran the B&S 30W that was shipped with it for the 1st 5 hours and need to change it. B&S seems to make a recommendation for 5W-30 synthetic for all seasons and since the temps might getting close to the 40F min on 30W if I use this into November, I thought I would shift to the synthetic. I was at Tractor Supply yesterday and since I was there and they don't have much of a selection of other synthetic oils, thought I would just pick up the B&S synthetic which they had. Only problem is it was $13 for quart. Checked online today - $14 a quart through Amazon.

Are they smoking something at B&S headquarters in Milwaukee?? I see "warranty certified" and specially formulated for air cooled engines. Is there really something special with this stuff? You don't use much of it, but come on, $13/quart? They are selling it, so I assume someone is buying it. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should be using this stuff. Anyone know if there's something special in there? I think I'll still go synthetic, but it will be Mobil1, Valv or Pennzoil or something from Walmart, Advance Auto, etc.

Comments (28)