SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bristroph

Old Blush

I am reposting this question since I failed to mention the name of the rose in my "First Post".

For my first post I would like to ask a question about Old Blush, which I have had for nearly 10 years. She has been moved several times in an effort to give her more sun and is now in a bed where she gets sun from late morning into late afternoon. She has been in this spot for 7 years and she gives me a wonderful spring flush, but does not continue to bloom, or repeat, through the summer.
Is there such a thing as a once blooming Old Blush? She is in full bloom now, but is throwing out very long canes with no buds. In the past I have tried cutting these off, I have also waited until the first flush was over and then cut the whole thing back. In other years I have just left her alone. Every year in February I give her some lime and slow release fertilizer. I have a no spray garden and all my roses are healthy with just a little bs.

Any suggestions? I will look up the directions on posting pictures and try to do that later.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus