SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
exmar

Using a battery load tester

Hi Folks,

The link will take you to a battery load tester that I was recently given. A friend ordered one and they mistakenly sent him 3, he informed them, and asked how to send them back and was told to keep them. So a couple of his buddies now have them.

Have never used one, I know the age, etc. of all the installed batteries here and if one starts acting suspicious and it's old enough, I replace it. That's worked fine for me for a lot of years.

I proceeded to go out in the barn and test all the batteries I could conveniently get to. THey all tested bad? Hmmm, I then tested the battereis on my truck and the wife's Explorer, also bad?

Correction: Not "bad" but "weak" and almost into the "bad" sector.

The newest battery here is about two years old and that's on my truck. I had just finished mowing with the GT (4 acres) and the battery is almost exactly two years old and it was "weak" and I'm pretty sure that was charged after the mowing.

All other functions work fine.

Admittedly, this is not the most expensive/best unit around, but wondering how effective they are at determining battery conditiion?

THanks for your time,

Ev

Here is a link that might be useful: Battery Load Tester

Comments (10)