SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
govenatorx

Echo PB-610 backpack blower problem

govenatorx
12 years ago

I have owned the above blower since 2004 and it has been a champ. The only complaint I had with it was when you opened the throttle the blower bogged down just a bit before spinning up but still was responsive and pretty powerful.

Just last week it developed an issue where it started at idle fine with a few primes and choke as usual. When I opened the throttle to full it bogged down and eventually sputtered out. I tried to restart it and it then started to rough idle and would die out. The only way to get it to run would be to eventually coax the throttle to full or to open the throttle to full and pull the recoil starter.

I took the carb off thinking it was a clogged jet. I don't know how many jets there are but I sprayed carb cleaner in every orifice I could find to try to clean it out. I put it back together and after a short while it ran okay as it it were new, but then started the same problems again. I need some suggestions as I cannot afford to buy a new one and this one has only been used for home use. Any help would be appreciated. For the record, the fuel is fresh this summer and has Startron fuel stabilizer in it so I assume it is okay. I have used this mixture for years in my Toro single stage snow blower, Stihl chain saw, and Echo string trimmer so it hasn't been an issue. Thoughts? Thank you.

Comments (5)