SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lionheart_gw

Enable Me - I Need a Lawn Tractor!

Hello folks,

Here's the scoop: I'm a 55-year-old female who is getting tired of spending so many hours each weekend pushing around a lawn mower. Really, it's a 4-6 hour commitment, depending on how fast/slow I move and how many bags of grass need to be emptied.

Ok, so I don't "push" anymore, technically speaking. Two years ago I spoiled myself and purchased a self-propelled Toro. It works great, and I'll have to use it for those tight spots around the house and the roses.

I have about 2 acres to mow. Those 2 acres feel like 10 when walking a 20-inch or so mower around, especially when the temps get up to 80s and 90s. By the time the job is done, there's no time and energy left for anything else. And, let's face it, it's mind-numbingly boring work and gets old fast.

You know it's bad when you think you just might get another shed because that will be less area to mow, as well as additional storage. :-)

The land is fairly flat. There's one steep bank that leads up to the house, and I don't mind mowing that area with the old mower. Most of the yard is open field. I like to garden and have a few "islands" of garden beds at various points, but there is lots of room between them to groom with a tractor.

I don't need lots of bells and whistles, just a bagger (yeah, they cost extra).

Price is not a big consideration. I don't want to spend a small fortune (who does?), but don't mind spending some money for a well-built, reliable, fairly easy to maintain unit.

Cutting quality is somewhat important, as the grass and weeds are pretty thick, especially this time of year. I don't want the mower to frequently "miss" large portions of grass just because it's in a turn, but I don't mind if you have to occasionally go over a rare imperfect cut.

If the choice is between (A) big and powerful lumbering beast, or (B) nimble and average, I would choose (B).

Oh yeah, a cupholder. My daughter swore she would help if the tractor had a cupholder. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
More Discussions