SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimk68

min. hp, psi and gpm for an all purpose pressure washers

jimk68
16 years ago

Hi, new to the forum. It looks like this site has all the bases covered for the homeowners and small business operator. My question is: I'm looking for a really good pressure washer that will do just about any job I may have that requires a pressure washer to accomplish a given task thoroughly without frustrating me because of it's being underpowered or lacking reliability if maintained properly. The jobs I have in mind are for example: concrete Walks and driveway (under trees that drop stuff and stain the concrete surfaces badly), wooden dock, brick patio's and porches and washing down the stucco house, car and boat from time to time.

I used my son's Craftsman 6.5 hp, 2.3gpm, 2400 psi washer last week on the drive and walks and it took for ever and barly had the umph to get it done half way and I'm still going to have to go over it again to get it really nice.

I'm considering an All Pro Washer with a General pump, 13hp Honda GCX series engine, 4000 psi and 4 GPM rating, EZ Start unloader, 100' hose, etc. for $1050 + taxes. I know thats a lot of washer for a homeowner, but at least I won't catch myself wishing for more power.

My question.....what do you think?

Thanks,

JimK

Comments (7)