SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vamptoo

We survived the power outage!

Vamptoo
18 years ago

We have finally got power and cable back. It went out Thursday morning about 10 am. I was in Cartersville, GA at my monthly Board meeting. On the way home the DH calls me on the cell and tells me to stop at the very next town and see if I can find a portable propane heater because there is absolutely none in Spartanburg. I was about at Commerce, GA and pulled into the HD. I was really astounded at how rude they were there. They had a Mr Heater Buddy and I snatched it up. They sold me the wrong regulator and hose connection. Really ticked me off.

We had to use the remaining 2 little cylinders in the camper for that night and then spent the next day getting a correct hose and connector.

All the plants were champs and suffered through with no loses or damage.

Now the ironic part of this is that after the thread about what to do during a power outage the DH and I talked about it on Tuesday evening and decided to get everything we needed to be prepared on Sat. Oh well.....guess that goes to show you.

We finally got our power back Saturday night about 10 pm and cable about 4 pm on Sunday.

I have to say, I missed my hot tub the most. LOL

Cindy

Comments (3)