SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momstar_gw

What is that little boy doing to my compost pile... oh wait....

momstar
13 years ago

I figure there are few people in the world who will appreciate this story. Most of them are on this forum.

As I've said before, my yard is next to the town cemetery. The East fence of my yard (where my compost bins are) is the West fence of the cemetery. My garden beds are only about 15 feet from my bins.

Today I took my lunch break from work and drove home to water the cucumbers (I live less than a mile from where I work so that is nice). I must have been very quiet because I noticed a young family in the cemetery and they obviously didn't notice me. I'm used to visitors over there while I'm in my garden and usually I keep to myself and they keep to themselves. But today I noticed mom and her son (about 3 years old) walking over to the fence by my compost bin. I watched them and heard mom telling dad "It's okay, it is someone's back yard. Nobody is going to see him."

I didn't actually see anything because the bins were in the way but I'm pretty sure the little boy was having a bathroom emergency and needed to, well... um,... water my compost pile for me.

At first I thought "lady, what are you thinking" and then I had one of those lightbulb moments and thought "lady, make sure he gets it on the compost pile."

They never saw me standing there and I let them walk away without saying a word to them.

Comments (5)