SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zoey_neohio

Should we buy a new tractor and some ????'s

zoey_neohio
16 years ago

Hi!

My DH and I are in are mid fifties and may be in need of a new lawn tractor for our almost 1.5 acre. We have had a Cub Cadet 682 twin Kohler for I am guessing almost 30 years with no major problems. My husband can just do the basic maintanence. This year after mowing for about a half hour it would start missing ever so slightly. The last time while starting it up, there was a loud "pop or bang" from under the hood. It started up ok and ran OK until almost the end when it started making weird noises so I brought it back to the garage where I could see it was leaking oil up towards the front center.

The repair people who are also the Cub Cadet sales said to check the engine to make sure there are no cracks. Well, that is difficult because it is dirty in there and we don't know where to really look. We are on a three week waiting list to have it looked at and it will cost approx. 75.00 for pick up and estimate.

My husband wants to buy a new CC because he is insistant the the Kohler engines are the way to go.

I have been reading the posts on this forum for days and I have some questions if anyone is willing to take a shot at them.

Do you think we should at least have our CC looked at and get repaired or is it time?

Are Kohlers the best? Single or Twin? What's the diff between the Command and the Courage?

Tell me about the Vanguard Briggs and Stratton. Is that the best?

I read some things about the Kawasoki(sp I know!) engine. How about those?

Well, I'll start there and see where this goes. Thanks for any help on this. I am leaning towards having our CC at least looked at because I am so familiar with it, but I can understand after this long it may be a waste. Zoey

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions