SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
empatheticcharacter

Which affordable Lawn tractor should we get?

We need a lawnmower for our massive yard, well not too massive, but bigger than we're used to. Not having a huge budget, we still want to go new just for fear of buying someone's lemon, we figure we'll go to Sears.

Can anyone recommend a model to get? We need an automatic transmission because no one knows how to drive the 6speed, and it'd just be easier. I've seen people comment about not buying from the "big Stores" but we don't want to pay 3000 for a lawnmower, and they generally have ones for 1500. It sounds stupid, but we are in a budget crunch, and at this point, we would get by easier buying a lesser lawnmower to last a few years, than by buying something for 4 or 5000 that will last forever. I figure later on we can sell this one, and use that money to upgrade.

So, what's looking good at Sears now? What should we absolutely know/pay attention to at this point? It's mostly flat land, but in the backyard there's a tiny bit of a slope downhill if you will, but then there's a half lot that's flat, so I don't think we need some hugely heavy duty machine, but then again, I openly confess to not knowing much.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (22)

Sponsored