SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmajor_gw

Should lawn tractors be GREEN?

tmajor
16 years ago

I've been pondering this. Here are my thoughts:

The military commonly paints their equipment camouflage, so the enemy can't see it so easily. It's painted to blend in with the surroundings, etc.

So we have a grass- green tractor out mowing, if there are kids playing in the area, they'll never see the tractor. This could be a real safety issue. Or, if we go into the house for a cold one, will we be able to find the green tractor, when we come out?

Another thing, which I've observed: A couple of my neighbors HAD green tractors, which I would see sitting in the partly mowed yards, with the hoods up, for several days. At first, I wondered if, maybe they were changing the oil, later I wondered, if they had converted them into the moving lawn sprinklers, which follow along the hose. But later, I realized, they were disabled and I suppose, the service guys couldn't find them. They should of had one of those fluorescent orange pennant flags attached. (I think, they left the hoods up, so they could be spotted.) These folks obviously saw the same problem, as they have switched to red tractors. Now, I don't see them sitting in the yard. .. must be the service guys are able to find them, more easily.

No offense intended toward any brand of tractor.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions