SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheaviance1

I just want to talk about compost......

sheaviance1
14 years ago

I love my compost pile. I have been suffering from the empty nest syndrome a little bit because my kids are growing up and rarely ever around anymore. I have since replaced them with my compost pile. There are several things I love about it, it helps me with garbage control, helps me clean my kitchen, it stays out of my hair, is always there when I want to talk, keeps a secret very well, rewards me with a usable product, and it even cooks!! All I have to do in return is feed and water it a little, contain it, and occasionally, if the mood strikes, turn it. I find myself driving down the road eyeing all the wasted greens and browns pondering how to go about getting them home. I take it's temperature twice a day. I find myself bragging on my compost piles progress. My hubby is starting to get the fever too. He has been slow to convert, but the signs and symptoms are all present. He has gone from coming through the house with something that could be composted and proudly announcing to the world that he is going to "throw something away darnit" to sheepishly asking me if holey socks are compostable. Ahhh....progress. I cannot wait until my compost pile graduates! It will be a bittersweet moment, a rite of passage, true, and a most proud moment. Then it will be time for it to go to work and have a long, happy and productive life. It will then be time to start all over again with a new little pile on the way. Life is good!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County